Friday, February 20, 2009

Life

(I can't think of a better title. Feel free to suggest. Thanks)


They say life is short so its better do things in right way and enjoy every moment of your life. This is what they always say on how to celebrate life so that by the time that you will be leaving your earthen being, you have done everything that you wished to do and that will make the whole world remember you.

My life I can say is the life I have celebrated with twists and turns on the story. Every short stories behind it maybe happy or sad ending. But what matters most is the learning experience and renewal in every ending of every story. I was never afraid of leaving life on Earth. In fact what I am afraid most of is me having no value in this world. Its worst than dying I believe. Anyway, life can never be perfect but its on how you deal with it. Its been almost 22 years of me living, and I'm thankful of it. I may fail but I try to strive back on my track.

Going back to the life God gave me, I never fear of going back to Him. Because it is where I know I can find the peace I've been looking for. But maybe God still wants me to be the maker of peace here (Well I don't know if that what he wants me to). Almost all of my life I have been in the church, serving and doing the best that I can for the greater glory of God. But sometimes when I loss out of track I tend to forget His presence to me.

During rough roads of my journey I always wish that God will call me to return to his kingdom, but it never happened. I always say, "I'm ready to die anyway". But there's always certain moments that God would show me that I should not die. There were only two instances that I can point out. First was during the interment of my tita Wilma. During the burial mass, I saw my father in the corner of the church crying with his face towel wetted with tears. And second was on the early morning of February 17 of this year.

Let me share the story. When I saw my father crying that day it was the day that I thought I should not leave my loved ones because I don't want my father or any other to cry that hard for my loss. The Feb.17 incident happened at around 5 in the morning.I haven't slept that night. It was a sleepless night for me, but when I finally slept, I felt that my whole body is not moving even if I try to do actions. I wish to call my friend beside me sleeping but I can't open my mouth. I can't shout. I can't even breathe. What was on my mind is I was wearing a white dress and running and laughing as if I am very happy while running. When I felt that my whole body was numb I tried to do actions but I can't. I remember that I was dreaming and that I tried to think on what to do to remove numbness on me. I remembered my friend saying that during those times I should try to move my toes. Then I tried it, successfully I'm back. After that I've been very afraid that I might or I was dying at that moment. I am scared, really scared. And that was the time I realized I'm losing track and I have to come back.

Life really is tricky for us. Sometimes we think life is playing on us, but reality is that we are the one playing with life. Sometimes we play seriously, sometimes just enjoying it, sometimes we fake it. Its up to us on how we manage the cards we have.

I never changed my motto which is very simple, "Live, laugh and be merry for tomorrow you will die". This doesn't mean that we always have to play jokes on it. We have to live it properly with love and respect to each other. And be thankful to the life that we have here on Earth.

Its never too late to thank the God for your life. And its never too late to learn from the happy and sad stories of everyone's life.

No comments: