Monday, February 23, 2009

Worried?

I wonder what world I would be facing after college. One month left and be leaving the portals of my university, Bicol University College of Engineering wherein we were trained to a lot more true to life experiences. College days will be over then. No more examinations, board works, projects, research papers, and the many more school requirements. No more allowance from your parents or from scholarships. But of course there's a lot more life can offfer us after college.

After college I'm planning to take the review in Manila where my friends reached their dreams of being a licensed civil engineer. I'll be putting enough courage and knowledge to myself to take the board examination on November, very much hopeful to get that license. Find a good job, maybe in the land where the Merlion stands, Singapore. Well that's what they want for me. Save money to finance my studies for master's degree, maybe in the environmental engineering field. See that's all I'm planning of.

But what is really life after graduation? I am not a student anymore. I have to face the situation same as with my office mates working to have themselves bread and butter on plate. I have to be independent now. Life will be a far more different from what I have now. I work but I still got my allowance.

I can never really say what life would be or either you can't say that to me. Its always like knowing when it would rain or shine. Neither it would rain or shine, we should always have the umbrella to protect us. God is always an umbrella for us to watch over and protect us. What we can do is prepare for the rain rather than just stand and wait till it comes.

My life as a student had prepared me much in a wider scope of my world. In the next few months, I will now belong to the thousands who are licensed or to the graduates, to the thousands employed or under jobs, or maybe to the thousand unemployed, or maybe a parent. Whatever life will bring me, I know I've been into fire to mold me into gold. And there will be more lessons to come.

I maybe worried of what life would be bring me soon. But I believe I have my umbrella to protect me whether it rains or it will shine. I'll be missing this point of my life, I swear I do.

No comments: