Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It ends tonight

It ends tonight. The long journey of my college years ended last night as the university president conferred us as "Graduates". As she was saying the statement and pronounced the word with great pride and honor, everybody were teary eyed savoring the moment and absorbing like medicine that at that very moment we finished our life as students.

Unlike others, it took me six long years to finish my degree. I may have failed during my early college years but it remained a lesson learned for me and for others as well. I feel like my world had become wider when I have to spend one more year in college. Of course it make me feel jealous that my friends will be graduating and I will be left to study. But the key to everything is acceptance. Its not hard to accept because my family did not make it hard for me.

Now I finished college at long last. Now I have to face more life's challenges like passing the licensure examination for civil engineers and find a good job. My college education I could say is my training ground. And the people I have are my allies.

I'd like to thank the following persons who I believe have been a great part of my college years and would still be a part of me: My family - mama, papa, mike, and my tita Fides; my classmates - block A and B, and also those who became my classmates from different classes; my friends who have been my family - lhie, jonard, bam, otel, kren, tian, apz, tatz, tat, dave, peng; the faculty of CE dept. and those who became my professors from other department; acquaintances from the school; Oas Parish Youth Ministry, Third Vicariate Youth Movement Council, Diocesan Youth Commission; SL family (you know who you are); from the batman cave - Kuya Jun and the rest of the guys; Sardinas Gang (maiz, redz, dylan, aaron, rene, harl, jem); Nolin family; Romer; Ted Angelo; and to my friends - my bestfriend Rhyz, highschool classmates and friends, Ate Ahmpz, the priests, the seminarians, and to many others (to many to mention. sorry if i forgot); thank you very much and please pray for me.

It ends tonight. There are things that need to be ended and there are to be started. I ended my college life yesterday and today starts my life as individual needed to surpass everyday's challenges. The only thing I wish is have it in the way I planned like passing the board exam.

It ends tonight. I graduated last night.

No comments: