Monday, November 10, 2008

Broken Sonnet

And now I concede on the night
Of this fifteenth song
Of melancholy, of melancholy
And now I will admit in this fourth line
That I love you, that i love you

I don't care what they say
I don't care what they do

Cause tonight I leave my fears behind
Cause tonight I'll be right at your side

The clock on the TV says 8:39 p.m.
It's the same, it's the same
And in this next line I'll say it all over again
That I love you, that i love you

I don't care what they say
I don't care what they do

Cause tonight I leave my fears behind
Cause tonight I'll be right at your side
Lie down right next to me
Lie down right next to me
And I will never let go, will never let go

I leave my fears behind
Cause tonight I'll be right at your side
Lie down right next to me
Lie down right next to me
And i will never let go, never let go

But still I see the tears from your eyes
Maybe I'm just not the one for you

I was listening to Hale's Broken Sonnet, one of my favorite songs. The theme of the song caught my attention and loved it. This was the first song Hale released and became one of the loved songs of the Pinoys. This song is self composed by Champ (vocals) together with the band. The lyrics is originally a sonnet they created but it was broken since a sonnet should be composed by 14 lines but this is 16. This where they got the title Broken Sonnet.

Loving someone is one great success of existence as human, for in loving you feel a lot of emotions, the happy, sad, disappointed, overwhelmed, and hurt. In loving you offer yourself, your whole self, and be the best person that you can be for the one you love. Of course loving is a give and take process; you love and you deserve to be loved. But sometimes in loving we forget ourselves that we feel pain. Sometimes its enough for us that we love more than what the person can do for you in return. In loving we risk. We fear of the pain but yet we still love. The pain make us numb of everything.

Pain, pain, pain, was it all worth? We feel hurt. The sad thing about it is that the person who hurt you is the same person that would make you happy. I don't care what they say, 'coz tonight I leave my fears behind. 'Cause tonight I'll be right at your side. Lie down right and I never let go. I love you.

It's all because of loving someone who could not love you in return. You took the risk, but is it worth risking for?

I've been in such. I took the risk and accepting the fact that he can never love me back the way I do and I can never have him. I loved him with all my heart. I showed love in the best way I can. He knew how much I love him. We've been together by a year and nine months. But still I see the tears from his eyes and maybe I'm not just the one for him. The pain I've been keeping for so long ended me deciding to let him go. I still love him that much though.


Its hard to let go when you mean please stay. But I have to save myself before time would come that I'll be losing myself. Courage they say. Letting go of the one you've been holding on. Really its hard. I miss him a lot.


I want to have him back it can never be.


No comments: