Sunday, November 2, 2008

BU- CENG: BUhay CENG

BUCENG - an acronym for Bicol University College of Engineering. It is where the barbarians go - its how students from other BU unit call us. This is where students go to school in shorts, flip flops, long hair, drunk, smoking cigars in school with the proffesors, in short its atmosphere seems suited for a happy go lucky student. The way it looks and its location adds factor to its barbaric aura. But have they seen and known what's behind this scene? Let me tell my story as a true blooded CENGian.

It was 2003 when I decided to took an Engineering course. I enrolled BS in Civil Engineering in this institution thinking that this would be an easy course for me. I met new friends to keep, new challenges , and new environment. This is where I learned that student life is not always in the same color. Life in BUCENG is as colorful as the color wheel, there is dakness and brightness.

First semester of my first year came too fast. It was fun field with good experiences like having a circle of friends and joining the Pep Squad Competition in which we are the champion. Its like a passing wind when second semester came in. This is when I experienced failing, a grade of 5.0 for Analytic Geometry under the late Engr. Mantes. So to cope with the failing mark I have to enrol for summer class.

Second year came and thought that it would not happen again, but history repeats itself. And I have to accept that it is my fate or I just failed to be a faithful student. Third year, fourth year, fifth year, full or ups and downs, darksness and brightness.

March 2008 seems to be a short walk for us. Its time to say goodbye to classmates and friends and to my "tropa". I have to face BUCENG alone.

Reminiscing the memories we had in CENG I decided to share it with you. Life in BUCENG is not always as what others see on us. It is not always full of smiles and laughs. Every semester a lot of tears fall and a lot would just smile. The bottle of liquor and the boxes of cigars are your friends thru thick and thin, and God is your recourse when your down. I use to say the saying, "Ang di madala sa santong paspasan, nadadala sa santong dasalan." A CENGian knows how to go to the church and pray novena especially before every semester would end.

It is not always a happy-go-lucky life especially when you have to meet deadlines for projects take home exams, compilation of solved problem, assignments, design, plates, research work, and feasibility study. I remember we would always discuss on taking a bath or not after spending the whole night with these papers without sleeping.

You may see us strolling the whole semester but behind that strolls are bundles of projects to finish. Professor not coming in in the class but will see you on finals for the submission of project.

This I may see is a little of my story in BUCENG. Soon I will be leaving this school and I will always bring the memories I had in here.

BU-CENG: Buhay CENG.

No comments: