Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wilma

I was I guess 4 or 5 years old when I first met her. Me and my family are having vacation here in Albay before since we were living in Manila. After few years, we returned here for good. We've been good friends for long. She was my tita but we called ourselves cousins since were on the same age.

We went to the same elementary school and separated during high school. During secondary schooling we still seek to have time to talk and chat every afternoon. But whatever happens we always have the chance to see each other since our house house is just beside hers. College years came when we seldom saw each other. There would come a time that I haven't seen her in a month.

Year 2007 came. First quarter of the year, her father died. I remembered during her father's wake I was rushed to the hospital with her kuya carrying me on his arms to the tricycle. (Too much of my hospital emergency, it was just dysmenorrhea). Just on the same year, her mother passed away, leaving her, with her kuya, and younger brother, and our family. It was not easy for her since she was suffering from illness at that time. She even failed to attend the burial of her mother.

After the loss of her parents, we moved on and took care of her. Subtlety, my cousin is getting worst. She was diagnosed with lupus. We are not well to do in life to help her with medications. We seek help from DSWD and PCSO, but funds are going to zero. The two institutions are of great help, but really we have to accept the fact that it is not enough.

She then decided to took her out of the hospital and prefer to stay home. She is getting worst. I can only see her once in a while. I can't afford to see her. I pity her a lot.

It was October 28 I think when she had she can't bear it anymore. And we have accepted it that she have to rest with our Creator. But she resisted, she stayed up to November 8, 2 days before her 21st birthday.

On the 8th of November will be her first year death anniversary. One year of not seeing her.

Dear Wilma,

Wherever you are we will never forget you. You know how much we love you. For all my shortcomings I ask my apology. I wish you are happy with Tita Glo and Tito Ader, and with our Creator there. Please guide us especially Wally and Wilmor.

Wilma, we are missing you and we love you always.

No comments: